In partnership with Oregon City Public Library, with a grant from the Library Services and Technology Act from the Institute of Museum and Library Services via the Oregon State Library, we’ve just added over 750 new issues of historic newspaper content from Oregon City! Latest additions include:
- Oregon City enterprise, Oct. 27, 1866-Oct. 17, 1868
- The Weekly enterprise, Nov. 14, 1868-Nov. 3, 1871
- Oregon City enterprise, Nov. 10, 1871-Dec. 1, 1887
- The enterprise, May 3, 1888-March 27, 1891
- Oregon City enterprise, April 3, 1891-Feb. 17, 1893
- Oregon City courier, Oct. 15, 1897-Sept. 16, 1898
- Oregon City courier=herald, Sept. 23, 1898-Oct. 31, 1902
- Oregon City courier, Nov. 7, 1902-July 22, 1904
The 1902 New Year’s edition of the Oregon City courier=herald has some especially interesting information and photographs of the development of Oregon City and the surrounding area. Here are just a few examples in regards to transportation:
The steamship Leona was operated by the Oregon City Transportation Company from 1901 until it was destroyed by fire in 1912.
The article following this image of an Oregon City electric railway car reads:
How much has changed since 1902? Take a peek through these pages yourself and see what other kinds of interesting gems you can find! Happy searching!